I am currently a researcher at MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab in Cambridge, MA, USA. I received my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science at The University of Hong Kong. I studied at the Computer Vision Lab, advised by Dr. Kenneth K.Y. Wong. I got my B.Sc. from Sun Yat-sen University in 2016.
My interests are centered around Computer Vision and Deep Learning. Current research topics include dynamic visual reasoning, multimodal learning, and image retrieval.
[March 2021] One paper about video action detection has been accepted by CVPR 2021.
[January 2021] One paper about learning physical dynamics has been accepted in ICLR 2021! Possibly last first-authored paper as a Ph.D. student.
Look Closer to Ground Better: Weakly-Supervised Temporal Grounding of Sentence in Video
Learning Local Similarity with Spatial Relations for Object Retrieval
Boosting up scene text detectors with guided CNN.
BMVC2018 (Oral Presentation)Paper
Aggregated deep feature from activation clusters for particular object retrieval.
MM17 (Thematic Workshop)Paper
- [The University of Adelaide, 2019]: Visiting student, working with Dr. Qi Wu and Dr. Peng Wang
- [Tencent AI lab, 2018]: Research intern, working with Dr. Lin Ma and Dr. Wenhan Luo
- [Sensetime, 2015]: Research intern, working with Dr. Zhanghui Kuang and Dr. Wayne Zhang
- [Microsoft Research Asia, 2015]: Research intern, working with Dr. lei Sun
- Conference Reviewer:
CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, IJCAI, AAAI, NeurIPS, ICME
- Journal Reviewer:
Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV)
Transactions on Image Processing (TIP)
Transactions on Multimedia Computing Communications and Applications (TOMM)
Pattern Recognition (PR)
- M. Braun Postgraduate Prizes, HKU 2019-2020
- Postgraduate Scholarships (PGS), HKU 2016-2020
Teaching Assistant at HKU
- [Spring, 2020]: COMP3270 Artificial Intelligence
- [Spring, 2019]: COMP7404 Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning
- [Spring, 2018]: COMP7404 Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning
- [Summer, 2017]: COMP7502 Image Processing and Computer Vision