I am currently a researcher at MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab in Cambridge, MA, USA. I received my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science at The University of Hong Kong. I studied at the Computer Vision Lab, advised by Dr. Kenneth K.Y. Wong. I got my B.Sc. from Sun Yat-sen University in 2016.
My interests are centered around machine learning and its applications to computer vision and natural language processing. Current research topics include dynamic visual reasoning, multimodal learning, and image retrieval.
[September 2022] Serve as a Senior Program Committee (SPC) Member for AAAI 2023.
[September 2022] A paper (S3-NeRF) about photometric stereo has been accepted by NeurIPS 2022.
[September 2022] A paper about Embodied Concept Learning has been accepted by CoRL 2022.
[July 2022] We are organizing a workshop about Machine Visual Common Sense on ECCV 2022.
[July 2022] A paper about Multi-View Photometric Stereo was accepted by ECCV 2022. A paper for Mask-Free Face Recognition was accepted by ICIP 2022.
[January 2022] A paper (ComPhy) about physical reasoning has been accepted by ICLR 2022.
Embodied Concept Learner: Self-supervised Learning of Concepts and Mapping through Instruction Following
Look Closer to Ground Better: Weakly-Supervised Temporal Grounding of Sentence in Video
Learning Local Similarity with Spatial Relations for Object Retrieval
Boosting up scene text detectors with guided CNN.
BMVC2018 (Oral Presentation)Paper
Aggregated deep feature from activation clusters for particular object retrieval.
MM17 (Thematic Workshop)Paper
- [The University of Adelaide, 2019]: Visiting student, working with Dr. Qi Wu and Dr. Peng Wang
- [Tencent AI lab, 2018]: Research intern, working with Dr. Lin Ma and Dr. Wenhan Luo
- [Sensetime, 2015]: Research intern, working with Dr. Zhanghui Kuang and Dr. Wayne Zhang
- [Microsoft Research Asia, 2015]: Research intern, working with Dr. lei Sun
- Senior Program Committee (SPC) Member:
- Conference Reviewer:
CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, IJCAI, AAAI, NeurIPS, ICME, ICLR
- Journal Reviewer:
Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV)
Transactions on Image Processing (TIP)
Transactions on Multimedia Computing Communications and Applications (TOMM)
Pattern Recognition (PR)
Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS)
- M. Braun Postgraduate Prizes, HKU 2019-2020
- Postgraduate Scholarships (PGS), HKU 2016-2020
Teaching Assistant at HKU
- [Spring, 2020]: COMP3270 Artificial Intelligence
- [Spring, 2019]: COMP7404 Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning
- [Spring, 2018]: COMP7404 Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning
- [Summer, 2017]: COMP7502 Image Processing and Computer Vision